torstaina, kesäkuuta 09, 2016

Paluu päiväjärjestykseen / Back to the Routines

I have ordered water proof red envelopes for this summer's Random Prints Special Edition project. They will arrive later, so I'll just have to wait for a while to finish the packing... But I have now cut the back boards for the prints to prevent them from bending, and right now I'm placing each print in tight closed cellophane bag. I don't do either of these normally with Random Prints project prints, but this time it's a special edition, and I want to be sure that all my prints are safe when left in the Finnish outdoor air... Oh, and the name of the print (depicting a woman in red swimming suit jumping into water which is actually a gold framed coffee plate) is 'Summer Day'. #RandomPrintsProject #RandomPrints2016 #KätkettyTaide #päivihintsanen #paivihintsanen #artproject #artprocess #workingday #workdiary #inmaking #process #artist #HiddenArt #Pori #SummerDay #Kesäpäivä #Hahnemühle #Hahnemuhle #hahnemühlepaper #hahnemuehlepaper #HahnemühlePhotoRagUltraSmooth
Kuva, jonka Päivi Hintsanen (@paivi.hintsanen) julkaisi


Eilen saapui uusi jääkaappi. Sen toi asennusmies, josta huokui vuosien asiantuntemus, ja joka sujautti kaapin paikalleen ohjeiden saattelemana tuosta vain. Ja hups vaan, vanha kaappi oli tiessään. Ihan toista kuin edellinen kaapinvaihto, josta jääneen muistijäljen mukaiseen tuntien asennustaisteluun olin jotenkin itseni ehtinyt virittää. Kun tuntien asennustyötä ei tullutkaan - vain puolen tunnin odotus, ennenkuin kaapin sai laittaa päälle - tuli ihmeellinen ajallinen tyhjiö. Luppoaikaa. Olisi varmaan voinut tehdä vaikka mitä järkevää, mutta en osannut tehdä oikein mitään. Hämmästelin vain, että voi olla päivä, jolloin voin seisoa kymmenen minuuttia yhdessä paikassa ilman mitään kiirettä mihinkään tai edes kolkuttavaa ääntä pään sisällä kertomassa odottavista asioista, ja sitten toiset kymmenen minuuttia, tai vaikka parikymmentä minuuttia toisessa paikassa, eikä edelleenkään ollut kiire mihinkään. Koska en kotona osannut tehdä mitään, eikä myrskykään ollut korauttanut vielä sateita yllemme, lähdin pienelle kävelylle (Jyväskylän taiteilijaseuran taidelainaamoon ja galleria) Beckerille, ilman mitään varsinaista asiaa. Istuin hetken Beckerin portailla auringonvalossa ja piirtelin mustaan vihkooni mieleen tulleita suunnitelmia tulevista projekteista.

Päivän aikana sain tilaamani vesitiiviit postituspussit. Pääsin vihdoin pakkaamaan Kätketty taide -projektiin Poriin lähteviä Random Prints (Special Edition) -vedoksia. Saatekirjeetkin tulostin kahteen kertaan, kun asemoinnissa oli tullut useampikin kirjoitusvirhe - mutta onneksi vedosmäärä on tällä kertaa vain kolmekymmentä, eikä yhdeksänkymmentä. Siihenhän se ilta menikin: kaikessa rauhassa olohuoneessa istuessa, vedos toisensa jälkeen kirjeen kanssa pussiin ja pussin päälle tekstiksi "Sinulle, kuka ikinä oletkin". Aamulla laitoin kuoret pakettiin, ja nyt ne ovat postitse matkalla Poriin. Projekti toteutuu aikalailla tasan kuukauden päästä.

Nyt pitäisi jatkaa Galleria G:n Summer Prints -kesänäyttelyyn tulevien vedosten kanssa. Joukossa on yksi vielä keskeneräinenkin, ja alkuviikosta pitäisi saada jo lähtemään kohti Helsinkiä. Johan tässä alkaa jännittää ehdinkö. Mutta mitään stressipaniikkia en tästä nyt aio ottaa, kun maitoakin saa taas kahviinsa kylmänä ja tuoreena.

---

Yesterday our new fridge arrived. It was brought by a man whose expertise in this area was seen far away, and who just placed the fridge in its place, just like that, without any fuss. And he took our old fridge away with him. It was totally different experience than our last fridge replacement years ago, and which I had remembered when I had prepared myself for hours of installation nightmare. When these nightmare hours didn't arrive after all - only a half an hour wait before we could turn the fridge on - I stepped into a strange timeless void. Idle time. I could have probably done all kinds of sensible stuff in that time, but I really didn't do anything. I was just wondering how there could be such a day, when you can stand ten minutes in one place without doing anything, or even feeling pressure to do anything, and then another ten minutes, or even twenty, in some other spot, and still you weren't in hurry. And because I couldn't really find anything to do at home, and the summer storm hadn't yet brought the rain upon us, I took a little walk to (the Jyväskylä Artists' Association's Artotheque and gallery) Becker, without any proper reason. I sat there, in the sun at the Becker house stairs for a while and draw some ideas concerning my future projects in my black notebook.

Also, my waterproof small pouches arrived. I finally could proceed to pack the Random Prints (Special Edition) prints for the Hidden Art project in Pori. I had to print the accompanying letters twice because of some spelling mistakes - but luckily the edition of the prints is this time thirty, and not ninety. The project took the rest of my evening: I just sat there in my living room, placing print after print in their own pouches and then writing the very familiar text upon the envelope: 'To You, whoever You are'. This morning I packed the envelopes and now they are travelling towards Pori. The project will take place just about in one month.

Now I should start working with my prints that will be sent in the Gallery G Summer Prints exhibition. There is still one not finished, and it's already after this weekend, when I should send them. I should probably already start to stress if I will make it. But then again, I just won't panic about this, after all, I now get milk in my coffee fresh and cold again, after a few days pause.


Ei kommentteja: