sunnuntaina, syyskuuta 23, 2018

Tauko / A Pause



This is from my kitchen, #recycling before recycling :) I save all my misprints on photo papers and high-quality print papers. One use for them is to contact #print all kinds of stuff, like this time sunflower petals and other dropouts from the bouquets I received in my book publishing events, last nights tea and apple tree leaves which are now on my misprinted exhibition poster, glossy photo paper. I moist them a little bit and then lay other print papers on top and put some pressure on them. After a while there will be imprints on both papers. I'll scan or photograph them and uae the random print imagery as part of my future works, and I'll save some of them for my future colour talks, to be shown as samples. (These kind of colours are not often fast enough to be used as is.) . #artistlife #workingday #workdiary #taiteilijaelämää #kontaktivärjäys #contactprint #ecoprint #naturaldyes #naturaldyesonpaper #nowaste
Henkilön Päivi Hintsanen (@paivi.hintsanen) jakama julkaisu



On ihan uskomatonta herätä aamulla siihen tunteeseen, ettei pöydällä odota hirmuisen pitkää, tavoitteellista tehtävälistaa asioista, jotka olisi yksinkertaisesti pakko tehdä juuri tänään, ettei koko systeemi romahtaisi. Takana on Kyynelpuutarhurin päiväkirjan kirjoittaminen ja taittaminen painatushärdelleineen, julkkarit ja muu siihen liittyvä, Kyyneltarha-näyttely valmisteluineen ja ripustuksineen ja purkamisineen, Habitare-messujen valmistelut ja jälkihoito, ja nyt - vähään aikaan ei mitään.

Joulukuussa häämöttää Galleria Beckerin näyttely, jota alan tässä hiljalleen työstää, joten ei tämä ihan täyttä lomaa tarkoita. Mutta kun on elänyt melkein viisi kuukautta minuutilleen aikataulutetussa elämässä, on ihan juhlaa valmistella rauhassa ja ajatella. Tehdä pieniä sivuun jääneitä asioita ilman kiirettä ja sekuntikellon tikitystä. Lähteä kävelylle, jos siltä tuntuu. Herätä aamuisin lievään päämäärättömyyteen, kun kalenterissa ei lue mitään aikataulua sitouttavaa.

Nyt on aikaa istua onnellisena Kyynelpuutarhurin päiväkirjan ensimmäisen viiden tähden arvion kanssa, ja lukea kirjani ja kuvateokseni herättämiä ajatuksia Sanna Aavaluoman blogista. Tavallaan sadonkorjuun aika siis.

Ylellisyyttä.





It's unbelievable to wake up and know that there isn't a long long you-have-to-do-this-today-otherwise-everything-will-fall-down type of to do list waiting anywhere. I've written my book (only in Finnish at the moment) and made a layout to it and followed through the whole printing thing, publishing and all things connected to it, my Garden of Tears exhibition with all stuff, then Habitare fair booth preparing, a marathon week at the fair and then taking care of things to follow, and now - for a while I have nothing in my calendar.

On December I'll have an exhibition at Gallery Becker in Jyväskylä, for which I have started working, so it isn't a total holiday. But after living almost five months with a minute schedule with no free time, it's just fantastic to prepare things in time and to think all through. It's fantastic to do those little things I missed whole summer, taking my time. To go and take walk if I feel like it. To wake up to this slight aimlessness, when there's nothing too binding in my calendar.


Now I finally have time to sit down and pay attention to those important things. Like the fact that I've got my first five star review on my book. Kind of harvest that is.

Luxury.




Henkilön Päivi Hintsanen (@paivi.hintsanen) jakama julkaisu

Ei kommentteja: